Very diverse Long Beach offers a plethora of music to soothe your soul or get you groovin’! Aside from artists of all kinds that you may find playing on the streets or the beaches, in the bars or at events, some great places for music in Long Beach are:
- The Bob Cole Conservatory of Music which is host to many jazz, classical, and world music concerts every year.
- The oldest professional opera company for Los Angeles and Orange County, the Long Beach Opera, holds standard and non-standard opera performances at a variety of locations. Locations include the Center Theater of The Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Center, the Terrace Theater, and others.
- The Long Beach Symphony holds classical and pop music concerts throughout the year and plays at the Terrace Theater.
- As noted, along the streets and beaches you’ll also find musicians of all kinds playing for the public so you never know what you might hear while taking a stroll!
Bands that originated in Long Beach include:
- Long Beach Dub Allstars
- Avi Buffalo
- The Pyramids and Crooked
- Snoop Dogg
- Nate Dogg
- Warren G
- Tha Dogg Pound
- The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
- The Greenery
- Crystal Antlers
- The Emperors
- The Black Noise
There is never a lack of music that will touch you, get you shaking and dancing, or turn your head in Long Beach. Whether you want to stroll down the beach and enjoy some impromptu sessions or book tickets to upcoming events, there is plenty to choose from.