Looking to enjoy some family fun with your furball? Long Beach has plenty of places to play! Dog parks and beaches include:
- Rosie’s Dog Beach. Located along Ocean Boulevard, between Granada Avenue and Roycroft Avenue, the area is not fenced in and is for both dogs and people (dogs are restricted to the Dog Zone). While doggie disposal bags are provided in dispensers, you should bring your own from home just in case. Pooper scoopers are available and the Dog Zone is open from 6 am to 8 pm every day.
- Downtown Dog Park. Located at Lincoln Park, at Broadway and Pacific, this park is open from dawn to dusk every day, and has spaces for both large and small dogs. There are benches for mom and dad and free doggie disposal bags.
- K9 Corner Dog Park. Located on 9th Street and Pacific Avenue, this park is open from 6 am to 10 pm each day, has water fountains for both two-legged and four-legged visitors, places to sit, separate spaces for large and small dogs, and evening lighting. This park is environmentally friendly, using drought tolerant landscaping and generating 100% solar electricity on site.
- Uptown Dog Park. Located at 4600 Long Beach Boulevard, this park is open from dawn to dusk each day and the fenced area is near picnic tables. There are separate areas for large and small dogs to play off leash.
- Recreation Dog Park. Located at 5201 E. 7th Street, this park is open from 6 am to 10 pm each day (and is lighted at night), and is the city’s first dog park. There are watering stations, benches and tables located throughout the park, and disposal bags and pooper scoopers are available.
- Wrigley Heights Dog Park. Located at 3401 Golden Avenue, the park is open from 6 am to 10 pm each day but may be closed at times on Mondays for maintenance as the park is still being developed. Disposal bags, benches, and a water fountain are available.
Have you visited these dog parks? What are your thoughts on them? Let us know of others in the area too, our readers love to know about places they can visit!
If you are looking for pet-friendly condominiums or lofts, contact Long Beach realty team, The Hayward Team. We can help you find the purrrfect fit for your fuzzy family member!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.